Monday, October 26, 2009

I regret ...I want to meet her

The all sacrosanct CAT(Common Aptitude Test) preparation class was going on..that day it was English class. Half of the way we last benchers started murmuring as the trainer was losing her grip on our attention.This murmuring rippled to the first bench gradually...our trainer realized that she had lost our attention and thought of bringing back the life to the class .She stopped teaching for a while and started talking about her brother who was preparing for some of his final examination...
her brother used to find his closed room suffocating and he shifted his base to the terrace of their four floor building...and now he spends more time with his books on the terrace..
we were listening to her and expecting few more preachings from her...she paused for a while and started again .
one day she went to terrace where her brother was studying..but he was missing from the piles of books..after looking here and there she found him standing at the corner of terrace looking away..actually ..looking at ..the Girls' hostel...

Girls' hostel...bang bang bang something interesting coming up
...she continued..

she quietly was staring from back of his brother at the hostel...to get the glimpse of the place where his brother was absorbed....and could see through few open windows..girls' at their activities..

her words grabbing the attention fast and class is all ears for some tantalizing stuff..she continued after checking that she has managed to get the attention back..
there were gals in shorts, skirts..and few revealing clothes..oblivious of the outside attention a group of gals were doing some dil-dhak-dhak steps of madhuri..another was probably lying and reading on her bed with her half bare legs raised on the window ..

the class was already roaring with laughter ...yeah!!! she had successfully managed to grab the attention ...

There i was!!! sitting with my heads down...there is an urge to stand up and speak...

she is talking about girls' hostel..my hostel..

yeah my hostel, she stays nearby my hostel..words were choking .I wanted to shut her up..she is making fun of the place which is home to me for last 4 years and those gals are like my family..What she expected of us to shut our windows all the time even if it is the third or fourth floor room!! or put a ghoongat when the window is opened!!she is in fact a peeping tom..peeping into our home.. our lives and making tantalizing statements in front of a class of 35-40,with a male population of 80%....

i could not hear what else she was speaking...my fist was tight...i was lost in my thought..after sometime i realized the laughter had ceased though there were still some giggling around..class continued..I was disturbed for rest of the class ,throughout the class i wanted to stand up and speak my mind..class got over..i was still at my desk... unsure of what to do!! or probably afraid of some unknown fear..and came back to hostel with a heavy heart...never raised this topic with her..

it happened years back..it is still fresh in my mind.

I regret....i regret for not standing up...not speaking up on behalf of my family and home...I want to meet her...this time i am sure words wont choke!!!!

do you also want to meet somebody someday not to say sorry but to speak your mind which that day that moment you could not utter...and still regret!!! here your space..write in

2 comments:

  1. My sweet maverick babes,

    It was better for all ,you didnt protest right there in the class .It would have been a solid corroboration of the narration as well as the location of the hostel ,which the guys would have loved to know .;)

    Nice retrospection. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true yaar. There have been many times when I wished I spoke out my mind but never did may be because I was afraid or may be I felt I shouldn't hurt the other person. But yes speaking out the mind at least removes it out. I came across a sentence "The best way to memorize anything is to try to forget it "

    ReplyDelete